Boston Marathon Tragedy

Image by John Tlumacki/The Boston Globe/Getty Images
The last thing I expected to see when I turned on my TV yesterday was that bombs exploded at the Boston Marathon. It's absolutely tragic. My heart goes out to all those affected by this horrific event. To the people who were present at that event and their family and friends, I will keep you in my prayers. This world is so crazy. I saw video footage of elderly people with bloody faces and missing limbs. A news reporter on 6 ABC said that a man was watching the marathon and when the bomb exploded, he lost his feet. What is going on in our country that a person standing on the sidelines of the Boston Marathon ends up losing his feet?

In a time like this I just wonder if we should be cutting back on our military and trying to prevent our citizens from legally obtaining assault weapons. I am completely against any cuts to the military. My father served in the U.S. Army for over twenty years. My bother is a soldier in the U.S. Army, and my sister was a soldier in the U.S. Army. When I was watching video footage yesterday, I saw soldiers out  there helping people in Boston. I'm not going to use this blog to talk too much about the military cut backs and our right to bear arms. I do believe that we need to have a strong military and the right to fully protect our children and loved ones, but I'll move on from that.

I read this morning that the FBI has served warrants to obtain any video footage that was being shot before the bombs went off. I am praying that this video can lead to some answers as to who committed this horrible act of violence. I feel like whoever committed this act should be executed. These people should not go to jail after a trial. There should be a quick trial, and an immediate execution. My reason for this is that I think our country looks weak right now. Our governmental leaders would rather spend the bulk of their time arguing about money and health care, instead of compromising for the benefit our country.

 

Nita Michelle

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.