Audrey Irvine's Retarded take on "Put a Ring on It" & Uncommitted Women

("Audrey Irvine is a senior assignment manager for CNN. Her experiences in the dating world inspire her 'Relationship Rant' column.")

Yesterday I came across an article on CNN: A Boyfriend no defense from getting hit on

In this article, Audrey Irvine pretty much blames the entire fact that men will hit on you even if you have a boyfriend, on Beyonce's song "Single Ladies (Put a Ring on it)." Uh, either Audrey doesn't get out much, or she was just looking for a way to poke fun at my girl Beyonce.


Audrey Irvine states:
"What started out as a nice dance song to shake your butt this summer has managed to erode away that beautiful stage after dating and before marriage -- the boyfriend."

She goes on to say that "Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)" has become such a pop culture phenomenon, that the "Put a Ring on it" mentality has made the concept of boyfriend/girlfriend "one that no longer warrants respect"

Really??? One song did all of that? Hmm...

Every woman who has stepped foot outside their door should know that if a man likes what he sees, he will try to maneuver around any rejection you throw out. It has nothing to do with the mentality of the woman they're hitting on, because in all actuality, they have know idea what her mentality is (having just met her within those few minutes of conversation).

I'm 24 & this has been happening to me for years. I'd say... since I was about 16. Here's what they say & what you say to further reject them & crush their little feelings. That way you don't end up like Audrey, she writes in her article, "in addition to the overpriced moisturizer and unnecessary fall lip gloss, I managed to pick up a potential male friend who wants to broaden my mind."

"What does your man have to do with me?" (old classic)
"He has nothing to do with you, but he has everything to do with me." -Have attitude & walk away.

"Just put my number under a girl's name, everyone can use a friend"
"I have enough friends." -Walk away and just ignore anything else he says.

"Are you happy with him?"
"I'm extremely happy." -Say it with a smile, then walk away.

"Oh, that's okay. It's not cheating, it's called, living life to the fullest. If two people are attracted to each other why not connect?"
"Uh...What the hell makes you think I'm attracted to you! I don't even know you. Ewe. -Walk away.

From all four of those examples above you can see that the main thing your supposed to do, is walk away. Which brings me back to Audrey Irvine...maybe she wanted a new friend to broaden her mind. Maybe that "Single Ladies" mentality she spoke of is something that she is feeling. After all, she could have just walked away instead of gaining a new friend.





Nita Michelle

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.