Thursday Thought: I Wanna Be on You


"Whether it's hip-hop, rap, pop or rock, much of popular music aimed at teens contains sexual overtones." -AP

I was listening to Q102 today while I was working & this song came on. I had to turn it up to make sure I heard what I thought I heard. Yes, I did & oh how I wished I could literally throw something back at the voice coming from the radio!

The Hook (chorus) of "Be On You" goes like this:
"I said excuse me little mama if I may,
Take this thought and send it your way,
And if you don’t like that, then send it right back,
But I just gotta say
I wanna be on you (on you), I wanna be on you (on you)
And if you don’t like that, then send it right back
But I just gotta say, I just gotta say"

Ne-yo (I love his voice) sings the hook. I absolutely hate these lyrics. I wonder if they got permission from the writers of Anchorman before using their lines:


Ron Burgundy: I wanna say something. I'm gonna put it out there; if you like it, you can take it, if you don't, send it right back. I want to be on you.
[Veronica turns and walks away]
Ron Burgundy: Wait. Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. I... I wanna be on you.

Lord please help our Teen's make good decisions even though their music is saying:
"I wanna take a ride on your disco stick"
"She was so shy, 'Til I drove her wild. I'll make them good girls go bad"
"I wanna make love in this club"
"Birthday sex! Birthday sex! It's the best day of the year, girl"
and "Lick me like a lollipop"

Geez, and I was tripping over my thirteen year old singing "You and Your Hand." (You know, I just didn't know how she knew what the hell Pink was talking about & why this was one her favorite songs).

Thought: I need to start listening to the radio more often.

Well anyway, "♪♫I have a feeling tonight's going to be a good, good night.♪♫" I'm planning to go to bed early and have me a "♪♫sweet dream or beautiful nightmare.♪♫" Screw love, life's a "♪♫battlefield♪♫" and I need my weapon of choice -

sleep! images




Nita Michelle

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.