Thursday Thoughts: Loss

"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal. " ~From a headstone in Ireland


My heart goes out to the Jackson family and especially his children. Their entire life changed in one day and now they face possibly being seperated from each other if Mom takes custody of the two older children. Paris looked beautiful on stage and broke my heart when she stepped up to the mic at the memorial service for her father.

I don't know how the Jackson children feel. I don't even fully understand how my own children feel. I've lost my great-grandma and I've lost the father of my children. But God has blessed me to be able to say that I still have both of my parents. I don't know what I would do without them. That is a grief I have not known.

My children lost their father when they were 1 and 2 years old. At first I thought it would not be so difficult for them to deal with their father's death because truthfully, they don't remember much about him. But not having their own memories doesn't make it easier. They have so many questions and want to know so much about their father. They don't just want to know about him, they want to know him. It's like they have a big void in their life that can never be filled. The photos, and stories are just not enough to make that go away.

Nita Michelle

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.