Case, Dismissed

A North Philadelphia man who faced life in prison on drug charges walked free on 2/19/09.
Several cases are under investigation and this is the first to be thrown out so far. The case was dismissed because Officer Jeffrey Cujdik and his longtime informant, Ventura Martinez, lied about drug buys so Cujdik could obtain search warrants for targeted houses.

More info:
People Paper story leads to release of North Philly man
Tainted Justice

Last Month
I had jury duty and was denied a seat. The reason: I did not feel like I could trust the word of a cop and felt that I would be more inclined to think the testifying officer was lying. I had no knowledge of this story at the time, but now I feel like I was completely right.

Nita Michelle

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.