What's in a Name?

Alluzee - Joyful
Amara - Eternal flower, imperishable
Alina - Noble, fair, beautiful
Ali - Excellent, noble, greatest

The names above belong to my children. These are their middle names which where chosen because of their meaning. Last night, for no particular reason, I was doing some name searching online. I decided to look up my children's first names. Each of them were named after someone in our family, so I never really thought about what those first names meant. Last night I found out that their first names have pretty cool meanings too.

Tabitha - Gazelle (Gazelles are graceful creatures)
Shalonda - Peace
Glorious - Glorious (that one was easy)
Fareed - Rare

After that I searched for my first and middle names (I've never really liked them). This is what I got:

Juanita - God is gracious
Michelle - Who is like God

I was like, "Wow, I'm cool even when I don't know about it." I had no idea my names had such great meaning. I feel a little special now.

Do you know what your name means?

How will you (or how did you) choose your children's name?

Nita Michelle

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.